Sunday, September 15, 2013

World War Z by Max Brooks

  Over the summer, I read the book World War Z by Max Brooks.  It takes place in the near future, when the living dead walk the Earth.  It's about how a journalist interviews people about their experience in the "Zombie War".  The people who he interviews are from all over the world and they all have amazing accounts of the war.  For example, at one point he interviews a blind man who lived in a national park in the mountains of Japan during the war.  
  I thought that this book was awesome because it felt so real and it didn't just describe the zombies themselves, it described how the whole world was in denial before the war.  It also described how people called the plague "African Rabies" before they realized that this was the living dead.  I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't get scared easily and any fans of books about zombie apocalypses.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about this book, and I've been meaning to read it....(if my mom doen't lecture me about that I read too many "scary" books) Ususally I'm not into stuff about apocolypses and zombies, but I agree with you, that book does sound awesome!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. I saw the movie, but i should probably read the book. I really like scary books, and you did a really good job describing them. If you like books like that you might really like The Stand by Steven King

    ReplyDelete