11. Craft a story with the
following first line: I slowly backed up and sat in the nearest chair.
I slowly backed up and sat in the
nearest chair. Then the bell rang. I ran out of the room as quickly as I could
and practically flew out the school doors.
I can’t believe it. It just isn’t
possible. I leapt and jogged and skipped
back home, to tell my mother the good news.
As soon as I opened the door I saw my mother. She was slowly rocking. Back, forth.
Back, forth. I looked
around. Something was wrong. Something was missing. I ran up the stairs into my baby brother
Ralph’s room. My father was there. But this can’t be. No.
And then I saw my baby brother.
He was lying motionless in his crib, sleeping peacefully.
“Don’t you touch him! ” I screamed.
“It’s too late. The deed’s been
done.” my father whispered with a slight grin.
“You’re mad! You’re insane! Go back to jail! Leave us alone! LEAVE NOW!!!” I wailed at the top of my
lungs. He silently walked out of the
room, down the stairs (step, step, step, step…), into the living room (he
paused for a short second there), and finally out of our house. I took small steps towards my baby
brother. Still breathing. Good.
Then what was he talking about?
The deed’s been done? I walked
back down stairs to my mother. My mind
was foggy.
Hello mother.
Hello, my boy. What was that exciting thing you were telling
me?
I got a 100% on my math final.
Wow. You
must be the smartest boy in the 9th grade!
Yes. That is what Mr. Stein told me.
“Boy, what
are you doing?! Is that a dead body?!!!! I’m calling the police!”
Mother,
what were you saying?
I was about
to tell you that we should leave.
Okay, I’ll
lead the way.
“Put her
down! Stop! The police are on the way.”
Mother, do
you think we should get baby Ralph from his cradle?
Yes that is
a splendid idea.
“What do
you think you are doing with that baby?”
Come along,
honey. You don’t want to miss the boat.
Okay, I’ll
get on it now. But that annoying old man
is following me.
“Stop! Stop!
What are you doing?! Get away
from the pond!”
Riding on
the boat should be great fun.
Indeed it
should be, my boy. Now tell baby Ralph
to shut up.
SHUT UP
RALPH!!!!
Quite a good
boy you are. Away we go, for the boat
has arrived!
***
“I saw it
with my own eyes. That boy took his dead
mother and his living baby brother and jumped into the pond with them! He must be insane!” says our neighbor.
“We’ll
eventually figure out why he did this.” says the police chief.
They stare into the pond at our floating corpses.
END.
No comments:
Post a Comment